Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Weights and Words of Encouragement

I am still so amazed at how God sets up divine appointments in the most unexpected of places at the most unexpected of times!

Today, I thought that I was simply going to the weight room to lift. But God had a different idea!

I ended up chatting with a sweet older (middle-aged) lady, and she completely opened up to me about her life. She has had a rough couple of months, experiencing a divorce and battling off depression and sickness.

I just started to encourage her, and after we talked awhile I told her that I would be praying for her. She was so appreciative... and then she told me that it has been a difficult day, and she prayed this morning that God would send her encouragement!!!

She gave me a big hug and thanked me profusely.
And the thing is, it wasn't even me.
It was God working through me, and that feels so amazing!
I am so glad that he used me today.

If we stay in touch with God and listen to his voice, he will lead us into divine appointments even when we don't expect them. We have to be willing to follow his leading though! If you do, you may get the chance to make someone's day :)

So my challenge to all of you today is to go encourage someone! Go make someone smile :)


No comments:

Post a Comment