Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Hero

Today is Father's Day. 
Which means every other blog, tweet, or facebook post you see today will relate to someone's dad. 
But I'm here to tell you that, while those dads may all be great, none of them stack up to mine. 




The older I get, the more that I realize how much of an impact my dad has had and continues to have on my life. He is the wisest, gentlest, kindest man that I know. He has a passion for life, for learning, and for God. He reads a book a week, practically, and is fascinated by all topics from the life of Madame Curie to the physical properties of atoms. 

He is a hard worker. He is silly and loves to make jokes. He is simple, and his heart is made perfectly content by lays potato chips, clam dip, and a bowl of vanilla ice cream 
paired with some B + Netflix movie!



He is madly in love with Jesus, and I have looked to his 
example in my own search for truth and for God. 
He has helped me battle through deep questions 
and thoughts and understand myself and Jesus more. 

And he is supportive of my dreams. I remember when I first started running at the high school level. I was alright, but nothing special. But it meant the world to me when one day he said to me "Susanna, don't ever rule out the Olympics. You never know what could happen if you work hard enough." 
And he was completely serious! 




I can't wait for him to get back today!!! He has been in Israel the last few weeks. Through his non profit organization, Gate Breaker Ministries, he has brought the truth and the Word of God to so many hungry people throughout the world. He has established sewing centers for underprivileged women in Pakistan, trained pastors in Kenya, and helped plant churches in Ireland. If you want to make a difference in the world, check out Gate Breaker's website! Just click on the link above!

He is truly my hero. And when people ask me what I want to do with my life, I always reply 
"I want to do what my dad does." 

I love you, Pad. 
Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment