Sunday, June 10, 2012

Productive Procrastination

Saturday morning began way too early after a late Friday night.

We had to leave at seven thirty to make it to Ontario golf course for a fundraiser that our booster club was doing. Almost all of the athletic teams were there to play caddies or make lunch for the participants. It's not that I minded getting up that early on a Saturday... or even spending five hours running after the golf balls of drunk booster club members.... it was just sooo cold this Saturday. So cold, that I literally got sick. I wanted to throw up. I wanted to cry. I was not just being dramatic, either. My body literally shuts down in the cold. Everyone else was freezing, too, but I was way worse off. The golfers I was caddying for actually noticed and were concerned. 

The point of this story is that I actually got really sick. I made it through with a tip and everything, but even into the evening I had a fever and did not feel well. 


So even though I wasn't planning on coming home this weekend, I did. 
My mom is the only one in town at the moment, so I spent the night with her watching movies and eating homemade brownies we made :)


img_11562.jpg
Black Bean Avocado Brownies????


Black beans and avocado. Don't be skeptical about these. Don't knock 'em 'til you try 'em. Just be adventurous. They are actually SO awesome!!!! And soft!!! And healthy!!!


 It was the perfect way to spend a relaxing night in!!! 

This morning we went to church and then went downtown so I could buy a dress for my brother's wedding! I cannot wait for summer to finally be here. 

Finals this week. 
I need to spend the rest of the day studying, but procrastinating a little won't hurt too much! 
Especially if I'm doing something productive... like talking to all of you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment