Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Running On.... Anxiety

The other night I had a dream about my first day of practice.
We were planning on going on an eleven mile run. 
In the dark. 
On a rocky path. 
In the woods. 
Up a mountain.

And I showed up to practice, but I wasn't dressed to run.
And my coach was mad. 
And I had five minutes to change.
So I started sprinting up this hill to go change.

Then I woke up.

Do you guys ever have anxious dreams? 
I knew that I was a little nervous about starting cross country again (there is a lot of pressure returning), but it wasn't until I had this dream that I realized I am actually anxious....

It reminded me of a dream I had the first week
of track practice in seventh grade. 
I was new. 
I was nervous.

I know it's silly to be nervous. 

And I'm excited too, don't worry.
But since I'm being honest on this blog, running in college is a lot of pressure.
Mostly because I put pressure on myself.
And I want to have a good season. I want to do better than I did last year.
And coming off of a successful season, it is easy to fear failure.

But guess what. My motto always has and always will be NO FEAR.


And even though I may not feel completely prepared for the season, I have given everything I have and more this summer. So I have to be confident in that. And I have to be content in giving my best.

My XC Team last year


Cross Country, bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment