Friday, August 24, 2012

Perfect Day

Yesterday was a nearly perfect day. 
Everything I needed to get me ready for the craziness to come these next few weeks!

And because I know you all want to know every detail of my life... I'm going to tell you all about it! :)

I started off the day with a hill repeat workout (still getting ready for xc!) followed by a short, but intense lifting session at the gym. 

You want to hear a secret? I love lifting weights. More than running sometimes! And I love the gym. Everyone their is just, super jazzed about fitness. It's great. 

You want to hear another secret? I used my sister's gym card to get in.... :) 
I'm the only person in my family without a membership, because usually I can just use my school's gym. But as I am home for now, I couldn't. 
I feel bad, but they don't use theirs' that often, so just once, it seems ok. 

Then I made protein pancakes (my favorite days always start with pancakes!), did some journaling, caught up on my new favorite Netflix tv show, Dance Academy (its all the cheesy drama of ABC family with an Australian twist), and got ready. 



Around noon, my little sister, Liberty, and I, went with another friend to go get TCBY frozen yogurt (their hard-serve froyo is my favorite dessert of all times) and brought it back to the house for a day of movie watching and art projects. 

It was the perfect, relaxing day. 

The day continued to get better when my sister and I decided to go on a date at the Cheesecake Factory before church. 


 Hanging out with her is always a good time... :)



I love her so much. It is unreal how much she has grown up the last couple of years. I look up to her in so many ways... she is not my "little" sister anymore!!!

Then church was great, as always, and I am sad that the school year is starting, because I won't be able to go as often on Thursday nights anymore. I have so many great friends there, and I keep meeting new people each week. 

I'm ready for this new season, though. At least... 
I'm trying to be. 

And I was so encouraged by Colossians 1:11-14 today (Message version)


As you learn more and more how God works, you will learn how to do your work. We pray that you'll have the strength to stick it out over the long haul—not the grim strength of gritting your teeth but the glory-strength God gives. It is strength that endures the unendurable and spills over into joy, thanking the Father who makes us strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful that he has for us.

 God rescued us from dead-end alleys and dark dungeons. He's set us up in the kingdom of the Son he loves so much, the Son who got us out of the pit we were in, got rid of the sins we were doomed to keep repeating.

Its amazing how a little time reading the 
Bible can encourage me so much!!!



1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had such a great day. Love the gym scam, way to go! Hill repeats and still having a good day, man good for you.

    ReplyDelete