Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Une Belle Melange

Today was one of those days that I can't help but feel content about.

Though I began the day feeling a little weighed down, everything just.... worked out today.

I feel accomplished.
And amazed at how faithful God is to get me through every day completely unscathed :)

Despite all the busy details, planning, and craziness of the day, I feel relaxed.

I had a killer practice, and I'm so excited for what the season holds.
      AND I always get this incredible runners high after interval workouts that turns me into a crazy 
      person, but it's so much fun!

The kick off of Student Government Training Week went.... okay.
      DESPITE the fact that I had to be late because of practice, and, since I am leading it, a lot of details
      fell through.... its funny to me how people are so bad at communication and are not responsible! No
      matter how hard you try, as the leader of any group/organization, you have to be flexible, because
      working with other people requires it. 

I get some downtime now.
      WHICH is something that doesn't come often these days. 

To end this "belle melange" or "beautiful mess" of thoughts, I would like to list a few things I am thankful for. Because being thankful is by far one of the most important things to be :)

I'm thankful for the fact that all of my financial needs are ALWAYS met. Whether that be through student loans, scholarships, my parents slipping me a twenty, or a friend treating me to lunch, I am so beyond blessed. 

I'm thankful for my little sister, Liberty, and all of the time we have gotten to spend together lately. She makes life so much more fun. We do art, watch movies, bake cookies... whatever. And it's always a good time. But we can also just sit there and do absolutely NOTHING and feel comfortable together. Best friend forever. 




I'm thankful for holiday weekends. Which means that Sunday nights can be spent eating TCBY with friends and not worrying about anything the next day. 

I'm thankful that, even though I felt incredibly stressed last night, I have a family to watch movies with and a sister to play basketball with in an attempt to relieve stress. 

I'm thankful that I don't have to do anything for God to love me. I just have to be. 

I have a million more reasons to be thankful, really. But I'll just write those for now!!! I'm off to enjoy some reading or family time or whatever floats my boat this evening :)

What are you thankful for???






No comments:

Post a Comment