Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Catching Up

I think this school year is off to a great start.

I moved in to my "apartment" on Sunday night. It is an all girls' house, even a sorority of sorts, without the crazy party aspect. There are not that many girls that live here right now, but the ones that do are all so sweet! The kitchen is fully stocked with appliances and silverwear and even spices and vanilla and things of that sort. It will make my life SO much easier than living in the dorms. And I have always wanted to live in a sorority. I don't know why everyone is always saying how hard it is to get a long with girls. I love girls! And I hang out with guys too. But honestly, lets just all get along!

My favorite thing about this house is that it used to be a home for the nuns that started the hospital here!! So much praying has gone on inside these walls. The peace of God is totally here. How cool is that?

Yesterday (Monday) I had an early morning. I don't have classes on Monday, but I had to work the Campus Fair from 7:30 to about 1:30. I helped plan it, and I had to work our Student Leadership Booth. It was tiring, but I loved talking to people and meeting people. And I met a girl who is here from Denmark on exchange (and I totally want to reach out to her, because after Paris I know what it's like!!).

I had practice at three. It will be right at the hottest point of the day now, and some people on my team almost had a heat stroke yesterday! It was a 60 minute tempo run on a beautiful (for around here) and hilly back road. We sprinted the hills, recovered on the downhills.

I love this workout, and I had done it before. So I was excited to get going. I got to try out wearing a heart monitor that my coach lent me, so that was way cool. For those who don't know, it basically tells you what percentage of effort you are exerting.

And I was really happy, because I ran most of the workout with the fast guys. Not even the slow guys. Now, they definitely KILLED me on the hills. Like, they would finish at least 50 feet ahead.... I really suck at hills. :) But I would catch up to them on the recovery because I recover quickly, and they only finished the workout about 150 m ahead of me!!!

I love my xc team. I really like my friends here. And I had a super relaxing morning after 9 and 1/2 hours of sleep. So I'm feeling really positive :)

Off to class. College Bio.
Don't have a book yet. Oops... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment