Friday, September 7, 2012

Racing Rambles

Tomorrow is the first race of my second season of college cross country.

But I'm not really nervous.
Not really at all.
More excited.

A lot of things have changed since last year. And I am a different person and athlete.

I think differently. I fuel differently. I run differently.

I'd like to say I run with more guts.
I am stronger, mentally and physically, that I was last year.

And most importantly, I realize that how I do in tomorrow's race doesn't really matter.

Yes, I will race to the best of my ability. But I don't need to worry about doing badly. Because who determines what "badly" means anyway?

The biggest difference between myself in high school and myself now is that I am not motivated by fear. I don't race hard because I'm fearful of failing.

I race hard because it's fun. Because I have been given a talent. Because I have been given a drive.

And because there is no better feeling than realizing I gave everything out there. (I wouldn't really know actually, because I have yet to collapse across a finish line, but I'm planning on it).

Cross Country is so hard core.




No comments:

Post a Comment