Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tea and Cookies

I started missing England a lot last night.

Here's how it happened.

I practically went straight from biology class to go and lift (just arms and core) before practice, because I wouldn't have time afterwards.

Then I went straight from practice (after quickly grabbing something to eat) to a three hour creative writing class. I love creative writing class, so I didn't really mind at all.

Immediately after that, I went to our first CCF (Campus Christian Fellowship) club meeting. I still hadn't showered at this point... :) We met at a local coffee shop, got to know one another, talked about some goals for the year, and had a Bible study.

And while I was there I sipped on Yogi Bedtime tea....

So I started thinking about England and the weeks I spent there.

I started missing our nightly ritual of having tea and a "biscuit" (cookie) before bed.

I started longing for the pleasant atmosphere there.

And craving the beauty of autums leaves scattered on lush grash outside of old cathedrals and on cobblestone roads.....

Maybe it's because I have been so tired lately? Not in a bad way, necessarily... but it doesn't seem to matter how much sleep I get (I make sure I get 8-9 hours every night).... My body still feels tired. I'm sure it's the long, exhausting workouts combined with all of the thinking that my brain is constantly doing. My knee is killing me (tendonitis I'm told), and I feel like an old person :)

To summarize, last night it sounded so lovely just to slip away to England for a night and sip on hot tea and have an English biscuit and relax with my favorite English family.

Life really is good though. I'm getting into the swing of everything here. I have been meeting tons of people on my campus. I'm in and out of meetings, classes, and practices, but I'm enjoying it!

Tonight is the year's first big event for the students, and I get to speak like three times on behalf of three different clubs/teams... once for government, once for CCF, and then for cross country.

I guess I like being involved!!!

As promised, a few pictures from this past weekend's race in Spokane. More to come!!!

Post Race = sport's bra cooldown :)


I love these crazy girls!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment