Monday, October 31, 2011

Last Halloween


Due to the fact that I grew up in a home that does not really celebrate Halloween, my childhood Halloween memories are very limited. I have never been tricker treating, and though I did go to a harvest party once or twice, most of my halloweens have been spent watching movies and eating candy with my parents. I never felt deprived or anything, and I honestly understand why my parents are not too fond of the holiday.

This being said.... the memory that halloween is bringing to me this year is London. Or Harpenden, rather. I miss England so much... The first time that I actually celebrated halloween was last year in Harpenden, England, with my close friends Marie Jo and Peter. We decorated cupcakes with gummy worms and eyeballs and handed out candy to little British boys and girls who said "cheers" instead of "thank you" :) 


I miss Harpenden because it looks like this....! 
The funny thing about this is that my only real halloween memory and the only real time I actually participated in halloween was in a country where it is not really that popular. Halloween will probably always bring up good memories for me, but not of tricker treating or dressing up as a little girl. It will remind me of my favorite place in the world, England. 

No comments:

Post a Comment