Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cafeteria Food....

After about exactly one month of eating the meal plan here, I can officially say that I am starting to get sick of it. Actually, I was honestly sick of it after a few days. The problem is probably that I'm just overly picky. And hey, if I don't want to eat beef every night (which I don't, because I don't like it anyway) I can always choose from the variety of deep fried foods they have to choose from like pizza, burgers, fries, and mozzarella sticks. My go to places in the caf have been the sandwich line and the salad bar, but you can only eat that so much... and iceberg lettuce doesn't really do much for me.

I think I am just thinking about this so much at the moment because we just watched the documentary Food Inc. in class. If you haven't seen it, watch it. It will seriously change your life. And all of a sudden I don't trust any of the foods the caf serves us. Its not like I'm an overly healthy eater or anything. I'm eating candy corn right now as I write this. The point is that, when I eat my main meals, I want to be able to choose from foods that taste good and have at least some nutritional benefit in them. But those are not options, even for the ridiculous price I am paying.

My roommate has the same problem, and hasn't eaten anything but pizza and sandwiches ALL year!!! So she must really be getting sick of it!

Basically, I'm really excited to go home and have quinoa. And green drink. And tons of vegetables! I miss my mom's cooking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment