Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hello October!

There are so many things I love about the cozy fall weather outside my window right now. I love the idea of curling up next to a window sill with hot tea and a good book, or falling asleep listening to the pitter patter of the rain. I loved that during practice yesterday at the park, leaves were blowing every which way. Practice today in the pouring rain was a little rough, but its worth it as long as it means that its finally fall... which means that its almost Thanksgiving, and practically Christmas!

Some of my favorite things about this season are:
Pumpkin Spiced Lattes,
Cinnamon and nutmeg, 
Candy Corn (I know, but I can't get enough of the stuff!), 
Pumpkin soup, 
Pumpkin pie, 
Warm applesauce,
Tights and boots and cardigans and scarves and sweaters!! (pretty much obsessed with the fall wardrobe)
Hot tea
College football!

I realize that more than half of those things are foods... but great flavors are a good reason to love any season :) 


And this is a little off topic. But something I was thinking about today. Psalm 139:1 says that God knows EVERYTHING about us. Everything. Every emotion I experience, every thought I have. And its so easy to feel distant from him... I kind of did today. But then I step back and realize that he is constantly there, waiting for me to recognize him. I want to walk in his presence all the time. 

Another thing is, I always struggle with worrying about man's opinion of me. But my identity is not in that. My identity is who he says I am. And he can and will use me, despite my shortcomings. After all, in our weakness he is made strong. 

Thats all for tonight :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment