Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Early morning runs, stress, and trust.

Worst blog title ever, I know!  But I figured I should let you all know what you are getting yourself into.


This morning started off with an adventure. My roommate and I, for some reason I cannot explain, decided to get up at seven on our only day to sleep in and go on our hour long run in the freezing cold and dark! (There was no practice today so we all had to run on our own.) We wanted to get it out of the way before the rest of our day started, so we were super enthusiastic about the idea last night.... but it was SO COLD this morning we almost turned around and went back to bed.

I could not feel my hands at all when we got back. In all honesty though, it was so much fun. I love long runs talking with friends, I love watching the sun get up in the morning, and I love coming back to a big bowl of oatmeal. And today I had it with banana cooked into it... if you haven't tried banana cooked and whipped into oatmeal, try it! It pretty much changed my life :) I'm sad I didn't take a picture so I could show you all how good it looks!!

SO now for the stress part. Advising/Registration day was today for Winter term, and pretty much everything that could have gone wrong did. None of my classes were working together, classes filled up way too quickly, my computer wouldn't work.... It was a disaster. I started the process of registering almost four hours ago, and I just now worked out all of the kinks! But I think, for the most part, its finally taken care of.

But the thing about me and stress is, we don't get along well. I let it push me around way too easily, and I let it get to me even when the issues are not that big. There are so many things in life we could stress about... the list is unending. And today I experienced a few of the little stresses: lack of control, things not working out the way I wanted.... and one of the big stresses: money worries. But the thing is, we are not supposed to worry.

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. 
Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 
Phil 4:6


and....


Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, 
but those who trust in the Lord will lack no good thing!
Psalm 34: 10


I love this, because it trumps everything. And I love, especially, that it ends with being thankful. Because no matter what things go wrong, we always have so much to be thankful for. And it is the month of thankfulness after all :)


Oh yeah, and Happy November!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment