Sunday, November 20, 2011

Promises

Psalm 37 really stood out to me earlier this week, and I thought I would share it with all of you. 
It is so filled with promises!!! 

3-4
"Trust in the Lord and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the Lord, 
and he will give you your heart's desires.

5-6
Commit everything you do to the Lord.
Trust him, and he will help you.
He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, 
and the justice of your cause will shine like the 
noonday sun. 

23-24
The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives. 
Though they stumble, they will never fall, 
for the Lord holds them by the hand."

These verses make me feel so confident in my identity as a Christ follower. He delights in every detail of my life!!! He holds me by the hand. I don't need to worry about what everyone else does, or how things appear. I just need to trust him!!! 

If you are struggling with any sort of doubt or insecurity, I encourage you to start taking some of these verses and saying them aloud. Apply them to yourself. God ALWAYS keeps his promises, and these are clearly stated. His love for us is deeper and more overwhelming than we can ever imagine, even when we are too caught up in ourselves and our circumstances to notice it. Abide in that love...

No comments:

Post a Comment