Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Please!

Happy Thanksgiving bloggers! 

Today was such a wonderful day. It was so filled with joy and good food and family. 

I got up super early for a 5k fun race downtown called The Turkey Day 5k. I kind of regretted my decision to do it when my alarm went off, but it ended up being so worth it! My friend Laura and I did it, and without even trying that hard, we both ran close to our PRs and got in the top ten!!! Its fun racing without getting all nervous about it!

We are super festive!
Plus, it made me super hungry for Thanksgiving dinner :)

Here is my dad, trying to take credit for the cooking. Yeah right! :)

My family is the main reason I'm thankful.
I can't believe how blessed I am.
I wish the rest of the fam could have been here though!



After dinner (lunch) we watched our traditional Thanksgiving movie, By the Light of the Silvery Moon.
If you have never heard of it, join the club. I swear our family is the only one that knows it exists. 
But watch it. It's a classic, and it will change your life!



Then games! And my little sister and I finished off the night decorating our Christmas tree and watching The Grinch That Stole Christmas. Can I please say that I honestly wish I lived in Whoville? They are just so festive there, I think I would probably fit in just right! Don't judge :)



And I am so thankful for how much God has blessed me this year. 
Honestly, I am overwhelmed with how good he has been to me, and I don't deserve it. 
He loves to give good gifts to his children :) 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Even though the day is ending, don't stop being thankful. Today marked the beginning of a season of JOY. So cling onto your reasons to be joyful and thankful, 
and focus on those each day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment