Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Three Days Until Race Day...

Three days until the biggest race of my life, to be exact. 
We just finished our last hard workout of the season, and I'm freaking out. 

The last ten months of training have led up to this moment. All of the individual training I did while I was in France... all of the miles I put in by myself, the workouts I did over the summer, the grueling practices with my team... Its time for them to pay off. 

On Saturday is NWAACCs, our cross country championships. Over the past week, I have felt every emotion possible about this race. I am so nervous, and I honestly am feeling a lot of pressure to perform well. I don't want to disappoint my coach. He has tons of goals for me... which is a good thing. On Saturday he told me to go on my sixty minute run and focus on what I was going to do in my race. Not to go too hard or too fast, but just to love running and focus. And it was good. I visualized what I want to do. I hope I can run up to his expectation. 

But I need to run this race  for my team. We have a chance of taking first if we run close enough together. And I need to run this race for myself. I have never fallen down at the finish line. I have never passed the barrier of giving everything I have in a race, and thats what I want to do. 

My friend Christi sent me a text earlier that said: 
"Don't let your butterflies turn into moths." 

That is some of the best advice I have ever heard. Nerves are good. They only become harmful when we start thinking negatively. So only positive thinking from this moment on!!!

We leave tomorrow, and we will drive halfway there and finish the rest of the drive on Friday. Then Saturday... we race! I'll have my laptop with me, so I'll try to keep you updated. 
I'm off to a team dinner now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment