Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Overwhelming Love

I have been so stirred up with faith the last two days! 

It really started with a conversation I had with my friend Anastasia yesterday. She is probably the person that most inspires me in my faith, and we talked for an hour about all that God is doing in our lives and around us and about heaven and His amazing love! And how in heaven we will be in the fullness of God's love - how it will just ooze out of us! And how we have a down payment on that now because God has given us the Holy Spirit!

I have been reading through Colossians and Ephesians the last two days, and here are some things that stuck out to me:

Col 3:2- "Think about the things of heaven, and not the things of earth!"
Col 3:11- "Christ is ALL that matters, and He lives in us!"

Eph 3:14-20 - He is able to accomplish INFINITELY more than we might ask or think... through us!




Think about it... the same exact power that conquered the grave lives in us. 
The God of all of the universe lives in us!!!

What is there to be afraid of? 

Its so easy to get discouraged... to feel conquered by the darkness around us and worn down. 
But when we realize (and I mean REALLY realize) that Jesus lives inside of us, we also realize that the darkness MUST flee!!! And there is so much freedom in the truth that in my weakness, 
God is made strong! 

I want to start living every single moment sensitive to what God wants me to do. Living in the power and confidence that we are called to live in. Making the most of every opportunity! 

I have also decided that I'm going to try to stop complaining as much. I want to speak life, not death. I want to speak positively, not negatively. I want to influence my atmosphere positively! 

And more than anything, I want a fuller realization of God's overwhelming love. Mmmm :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment