Sunday, December 18, 2011

One Week Until Christmas!

I LOVE the Christmas season because there is a different atmosphere. Secular stations blast Christmas music that broadcast the birth of Christ, people are genuinely nicer and more giving, 
and giving is celebrated.

I haven't been doing much blogging lately because I have been spending all of my time catching up with friends and family, running (of course), and finishing up Christmas shopping! So here is to catching up!

. 1On Wednesday my sister and I shopped for eight hours straight and knocked out tons of presents! We only took a quick dinner break for some sushi :) It was delish! Then we wrapped Christmas presents until midnight while watching a cheesy lifetime Christmas movie. Perfect.



2. Thursday I went on a long run through the Boise foothills with two of my good high school cross country friends. We talked and caught up over eighty five minutes of beautiful frozen trails, and after we warmed up at Blue Sky Bagels like old times. It was so great, and it made me remember why I love running.

Which is something I have been struggling with lately.... I feel like I am getting a little burnt out to be honest. I have been going non-stop pretty much since last January, and since its supposed to be off season, I'm not really understanding why my coach's training schedule is telling me to do an 85 minute run on Christmas eve. But I'll save that discussion for later. 

3. GC Downtown on Thursday night was wonderful, and I love being back at my church!!!

4. Probably the most exciting thing that happened this weekend, though, is the arrival of my brother in law on Friday! He is home for two weeks on leave from Afghanistan, and it is such a blessing that his leave happened to fall over Christmas! My sister is thrilled, to say the least.

About thirty of us greeted him at the airport on Friday afternoon, and it was a wonderful reunion :)



5. My dad also just got back home after spending two weeks in Kenya. I missed him so much, and I can honestly say that he is my hero. I want to be just like him one day, traveling and ministering and helping people. It has been nice spending time with him this weekend!


6. Friday night I went to a girls' Christmas tea party!



 It was so much fun and SO adorable, complete with little cucumber sandwiches and pastries!




7. And last night, I met Christi at Starbucks, and we just sat there and talked for three whole hours about God and life and our futures. I am so thankful to have a friend like her... someone who it is just so effortless with and who I feel so comfortable around. I wish we lived in the same city!!

Only one week until Christmas! Embrace every moment :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment