Monday, December 19, 2011

Six Days Until Christmas!

Just because, I might as well... 

Colored lights or white lights?
Part of me loves the idea of colored lights, but honestly, I prefer the white ones. 
There is something so elegant about them, and I love them year-round too! 
There have been times where I never took them down from my room!  

This is our tree :) Same every year!



                                     Favorite Holiday Dish (Excluding Dessert)?                                                               
Excluding dessert? I don't understand the question...


Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

One year, my little sister and I got up at three a.m. on Christmas morning to open our stockings. We actually did this a few years in a row, but this particular year, instead of going back to bed afterward, we decided to make our family breakfast. We made toast with jam and orange juice (culinary geniuses, I know), and woke every single member of our family up to deliver them breakfast in bed. They really appreciated it. You could tell by the half eaten toast that remained by their bed all day. 


                                        Snow? Love it or dread it?                                          
I love snow. More just the magic of snow, because I hate the cold. 
But if it doesn't snow on Christmas, I will be very disappointed!



    Real tree or fake tree?
We are definitely fake tree kind of people, and I'm okay with that. I know I'm all about tradition, but that has always been our tradition! Who needs the mess of pine needles? 


This tree hangs in Galleries Lafayette in Paris.
Best tree I have ever seen!



What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? 
Jesus was born, of course!!!


What is your favorite Holiday dessert? 
Anything with chocolate or peppermint! 
Every year, though, my mom makes nanaimo bars, which are a combination of chocolate and graham cracker and coconut and some white filling of goodness. 
It is a family recipe, and and I can say that nothing could ever possibly top them!


                                     What is your favorite tradition?                                                
Watching White Christmas. We watch it every year without fail, although last year, being in Europe, I for some reason couldn't find it! I will have to make up for it this year by watching it twice! 





Spending the holidays here was worth missing it though!




What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Oh Holy Night. Or any of the classics!


What do you leave for Santa?
Nothing! I never believed in Santa Claus, because my parents didn't want us to think they were liars when they finally had to break the news. I'm okay with that though!



Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
Instead of a big Christmas eve feast, we always do Christmas morning breakfast! With coffee cake :) Mmm. This year, we will be at church though!






Last year, we watched the queen of England give her speech! So that was pretty special :) 



Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?

I prefer the hustle and bustle of the mall any day!My mom does not agree, however...Our plan to do some major Christmas shopping yesterday turned out to be a failed attempt when my mom, after just one present bought from just one store visited, decided she hated shopping and was doing the rest online. I guess it was our fault for going to the mall on the Saturday before Christmas! Holiday madness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment