Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Vacation

This past week has been so restful.
And it is much needed.
I have spent my time having deep conversations in trendy coffee shops with friends,
Going to my church (I love my church so much, and its so nice to be back!),
Walking around in the freezing cold looking at Christmas lights,
And helping my older sister with her business, Stella and Dot. This company sells the most beautiful jewelry I have ever seen! She had a few trunk shows this weekend, and I want to buy everything!


This was one of our favorite Christmas decorations we found :)

And of course running, a lot, like always. In the cold! 

This morning I wanted to get up a little early and have some time to read my Bible and relax before my workout and the craziness of the day. Its going to be a busy (and quite possibly) stressful one, so its nice to have some time to gather my thoughts. I have discovered that I am really becoming a morning person! I just love the quietness and coziness of the mornings. 

Yesterday my sisters and I decided we needed to have a fro-yo date! 
I realize that its december and far too cold for such things, but its really never a bad time for frozen yogurt. Especially TCBY! It tastes so good, and its so healthy!

Peanut butter Chocolate, Cinnamon Churro, and Mint Chocolate Chip! Mmm :)

My favorite is the hard serve, and since my sisters and I are all terrible decision makers, we ended up getting a bunch of different flavors! 

I like eating mine with a baby spoon! I always have! It lasts longer!

On the agenda for today: 
  1. Doctor's appointment
  2. Last minute Christmas shopping (I haven't even started!!!) This is so unlike me!
  3. Errands, and more errands
  4. 10 min warm up, 16 xs 400 meters, 10 min cool down. 
This is the workout I'm about to do right now, in the freezing cold...
When I come back I'll have a bowl of oatmeal and some coffee to warm me up!! 

I hope you all have a wonderful day filled with the peace of God that surpasses all understanding. 
It can be a busy, stressful holiday, but He gives a gift that the world can't take away, and that is peace. So embrace it today :)

And remember:

"The best way to spread Christmas cheer
is singing loud for all to hear!" - Elf 

No comments:

Post a Comment