Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Night


Anyone else love lazy Friday nights? I feel majorly relaxed right now. After a long and busy week, this is just what the doctor ordered. 

After about three hours of homework at Starbucks, I made my way back home for the weekend. The homework session was a complete success. I always get so much done at Starbucks. Maybe it's the caffeine? Whatever it was, I made it through three papers, an online quiz, and some good old textbook reading. So I'm feeling pretty accomplished. 

I've pretty much lazed around for the past couple of hours, and I finally got to finish a movie I started a few days ago about Martin Luther. Wow. That's all I can say. 

Martin Luther is seriously one of the most inspiring people I have ever studied. If you haven't heard of him or read about him or watched the movie, go do it now. Whatever you believe, he was one solid guy. He stood up for his beliefs and impacted the world because of it. 

Tomorrow morning I'm going to get up and run for an hour and a half. But I'm going to be a wimp and do it on the treadmill. I know it's not good for my legs. I know it might be boring. But I cannot muster up the desire to run for ninety minutes in 10 degree weather. I have always been a huge treadmill fan, but especially lately. Luckily, our coach let us run inside twice this week! 
We were grateful. 
The other days we did speed-work outside, but they were good workouts (once our fingers turned numb we didn't really notice the cold). ;) 


This girl is nuts. I would be wearing at least five more layers. 


As I've mentioned before on this blog, decision making is not my strong suit. And this whole figure out what I'm going to do with my life thing is really starting to get to me. I have too many choices, and I have no idea what I want. And believe me, I know how blessed I am to have a choice. But I don't even know what I want for breakfast in the morning, let alone what I want the next step of my life to be. Luckily, I don't have to figure it all out on my own. I just have to remember that and relax. 


So relax I will. Dreaming sounds nice right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment