Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Portland I Go!

This has been one busy week, but mostly just because I have been scrambling to get ready for this conference! 






A week before my birthday, my mom asked me what I wanted. I told her I wanted to go to a church conference... although I had NO idea which one or how that would even be possible. 

A few days later, a girl I only kind of know from my church text me and told me that she had a group going to Generation Unleashed, and one of the girls going backed out... but the spot was already paid for!!!!

I honestly figured that I would not be able to go. Not only do I have practice, class, and tons of homework to deal with, but I had begun planning a government 
retreat the same weekend of the conference. 

I decided I would see if it worked out. Not force anything, but still try. And... 

I cannot even begin to explain how PERFECTLY everything worked out to go to this conference. There happens to be nothing going on in class the day I will miss. I was able to move the government retreat I was planning (being president has its perks) and everybody actually liked the new date better. My coach was TOTALLY okay with me missing practice 
because he just happens to be out of town for work this week so we are sort of practicing on our own anyway. 

WOW. Happy Birthday to me :) 


So tomorrow I'm leaving at 5 a.m. for three days of worship, 
the Word, friends, and no sleep. 
I'll still have to get my runs/workouts in, so I'll be making use of the hotel treadmill very early in the mornings. 
I'll just survive on coffee and the presence of Jesus!!! 

So that's why this week has been incredibly busy. I have done hours of online homework and spent tons of time in meetings and doing errands and trying to get my life together. But its all worth it!

I'll be back on Monday with details! Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment