Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Stream of Thoughts

I'm supposed to be researching Winston Churchill right now.
And writing a paper.
And reading chapters in my Psych book.
And filling out a scholarship application.

But my brain is fried. It's been a long day. A day filled with activity. Three meetings. Class. Running in 13 degree (Fahrenheit) weather. Finally I have a chance to sit still, and the last thing I want to do is do research.

But the purpose of this point is NOT to complain. I don't really have anything to complain about.

Life is so great, really. I'm so blessed.

I had the most wonderful weekend in Reno with my dad.

We talked for hours on the drive there and back about every subject imaginable: politics, religion, hopes, dreams, science, his past, my future... name it. He is honestly my hero in every way, and I love soaking up information and advice when I'm with him.

The main reason we were in Reno was so my dad could speak at a church. We stayed with a pastor's family, and in the 36 hours we were there, my dad spoke four times. I got to speak too!!!

I know I've said it before, but I absolutely love speaking. I love the chance to inspire. And I especially love speaking about God's love. There are never enough words to say.

It was such a great, whirlwind weekend. And coming back to a crazy busy schedule is a little bit of a downer. It's easy to forget how blessed I am, or how happy I was just twenty four hours ago. Life is funny that way. That's why it is important to purposefully live with a thankful heart.

After a good night's sleep, I think, I'll be ready to go at it all again. So Winston Churchill may have to wait. And I promise I'll post a coherent and organized blog one of these days. Or maybe not. I kind of like letting the thoughts flow :)




1 comment:

  1. i am so glad you had that time with your dad, even as busy as we are, the little things mean the most

    ReplyDelete