Monday, January 28, 2013

Listen

I have sat down at least four times to write a post this past week.
But I closed my computer halfway through every time. 

I have so many things to say and so many things I could write about: about how wonderful my birthday was. About playing basketball for the first time in ages and realizing how much I miss it. About crazy prayer/worship nights that rocked my socks. About hours of homework and paper writing done in cute little coffee shops while I waited for my car to be fixed. About good 12 by 200 meter workouts with my track team and about terrible runs through the snow and fog. And about how I get to go to an amazing church conference this weekend (for free!) in Portland that I never planned on going to until a friend gave me a spot last minute and my coach said I could miss practice. 

Life has been in full swing lately. It has been full of good (and sometimes bad).
And I'm learning so much. But I'm not exactly sure how to articulate it yet. 

Though I love having fun on this blog and talking about my day to day life, sometimes I want to write something meaningful. 
And my heart is full of things right now, but I haven't figured out how to write them yet. So I haven't done much journaling or blogging lately. 

I have done a lot of reading. And a lot of listening. A lot of filling my mind with things that are lovely, and pure, and true, and right.  

Sometimes when you don't know what to say, the best thing to do is just listen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment