Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Ask And You Shall Receive

Oh hey, Christmas Break!
I barely recognized you, considering it's been 62 degrees outside (in Idaho??) the last week.

But seriously, it's about time.
I did well on all my finals, I packed my bags, and now I'm home!!!

I have a whole month off, and nothing puts you in the holiday mood more than a month of no school!!!
What will occupy my time, you ask? 

College applications, visits with coaches, and the likes. 

Catching up with old friends. 

Jury duty.

An end of the world party. 

Hallmark Christmas movies. 

And a lot of cross training - and hopefully running again soon. 

      Which brings me to today's story:
 
When I got home today, I went to my family's gym to donate a toy so I could get a month's membership (They did this deal last year, and especially since I'm injured and can't use my school's gym, I need a place to bike and lift weights). Well, they told me the deal wasn't in existence this year. That it was $50 for a month long membership!!!!

So what did I do? 
I simply went home, called one of the manager's, and very sweetly explained my situation to him. I didn't even ask for any favors... 
I just asked what my options were. 
But he gave me a free, month long pass!!!!

A similar thing happened a few weeks ago.


 I bought a pair of boots and only wore them a few times before they got ruined. It had been awhile since I had purchased them, but I decided to go in to the store and simply ask nicely if there was any way I could exchange them. I would not have been upset if they said no. I was just asking. And they were more than happy to exchange the pair!!! So I got new boots. 

The point is, if I would have never called the manager or never gone back to the store for the boots, I would be out about $100 right now. But I was nice and simply asked, and things worked out for me. 

The key is being nice, I suppose. 
But also, ask and you shall (sometimes) receive. 

At least, you'll receive more than if you never asked in the first place!!!

5 comments:

  1. man your luck is awesome these days. glad you are finally on break, really enjoy this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! It's almost Christmas! You get some time to go home too, right?

      Delete
  2. That is so awesome that you got a free membership over break! I have one more final to go until I am free! I wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Liebster award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much!!! You are awesome :) Going to check it out right now!!!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like busy but great times! :)

    ReplyDelete