Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Survey!



The last few days, I have been really in the Christmas mood. 
Not like I haven't been in the Christmas mood since August, but the thing is, when you start listening to Christmas music in the summer it's hard to keep the momentum going. Christmas cheer is back in my heart, though, thanks to Delilah on 107.9 light fm and some Elf watching/peppermint bark making. 

And so I thought I would do a fun Christmas survey that I have seen floating around out in the blog world. Here goes!!

1.  Favorite Christmas Album/CD/Song?
I really love the classics. Like "Oh Little Town of Bethlehem" and songs like that. 

But I used to be a ballerina, for like nine years....


And now that I think about it though- the Nutcracker music is better than all of it!!!

2.  Run on Christmas morning or take the day off?
I'll be taking the day off for sure! I think my training schedule has me doing a long run on Christmas Eve, anyway. I'm not doing anything on Christmas!

3.  What do you usually eat on Christmas morning?
We always have a big breakfast. Usually there are eggs, coffee cake, and other brunch items. 
This year I really want cinnamon rolls!!!

4.  Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition?
When Liberty and I were little girls, we would always set our alarms for 3 a.m. on Christmas morning and wake up and open our stockings. Then we would hang around for awhile until we eventually crashed. One year, we tried to make breakfast in bed for our family and delivered toast with orange juice to all of their rooms promptly at 4 a.m. They were thrilled.


We are so cute thought, they couldn't say no!!

5.  Real tree, fake tree or no tree?
We always have a fake tree. Less mess. And you can keep it up for longer! 
I have absolutely no problem with that!


6.  Christmas pajamas… yay or nay?
Sure! Anything festive is right up my alley. Although I don't have any.

7.  Where do you spend the holidays?  Your own house, your parents’ house, extended family, in-laws, friends?
I spend it at my house with my parents and siblings and grandma. 
I would always prefer to be with family on Christmas.


We are missing a few members in this picture... last Christmas.


8.  Food that you always have during the holiday season?  Favorite Christmas food/treat?
We always make these AMAZING cookie bars called nanaimo bars (I always make up the spelling). They are unreal good and have so many ingredients they cannot help but be bad for you! But my favorite Christmas treat is always peppermint ice cream which they only ever sell around Christmas time. This is silly to me because during Christmas it's freezing and pepperminty creamy goodness should be available year round. 

9. Open presents all at once or take turns?  Stockings… yes or no?
Take turns. It extends it that way... and I want to watch people's expressions when they open their presents! Much more special. 

10.  Favorite Christmas(ish) movie?
I'd have to say White Christmas because it is a classic, and I know all the songs and watch it every year. 
But I love The Holiday SOOOO much, and it sort of has to do with Christmas :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment