Monday, January 30, 2012

Just Some Really Great Things!

Last night I got a text from my coach that said "No running tomorrow. Pool Tuesday at 3:15"
That was it. No explanation, nothing. I don't even think there was a period or any punctuation in there. But no text has ever made me so happy!!! 

Because of that text... 

This morning I actually got to get ready without having to worry about changing a few hours later for practice. I get to stay cute ALL DAY! 
That may be a little reason to be excited, but I don't care :) 
Be joyful about the little things! 

I also got to practice guitar for awhile, which was so nice. 
And now I'm sitting here blogging and sipping on tea. Life's good :) 

The morning was slightly more stressful, with a biology test and a lab directly after.
 We dissected a pig!!! 

It was actually kind of fun, but long. And I think I did well on my Biology test because I studied so much! On Sunday morning I got up, made breakfast, and studied for a few straight hours. It was honestly probably more studying than I needed, but better safe than sorry!

And I went to church Saturday night so I could study Sunday. Speaking of church... It was SUCH a good service. I love my church so much, and its one of the big reasons I come home every weekend. 

This weekend the message was about meditating on the word of God.

Proverbs 23:7 says that as a man thinks in his heart, so he is.
 And what we think is directly influenced by what truths we believe. 
And we establish truth in our heart by listening to the Word and not the world!!!! 

Meditating actually translates to "savoring". Mmmmm :) 
Here is the link to the message online if you wish to listen/watch!  

The other reason I love going home, of course, is to see my family. I really appreciated their insight this week. I have some big decisions coming up, so its good to get their advice and opinions on things! 
I love them!

I hope you all have a lovely day :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment