Thursday, June 6, 2013

Where Have You Been?



Where have I been the last few days? 
Honestly, that's a great question. 

I mean, I have been here. At school. Doing school things. 
Getting ready for finals. That kind of stuff. 

But where has my mind been? 
Well, that's one I can't really answer. 
It's been all over the place. 

I can't seem to turn it off. Thinking is completely exhausting. 
And too much free time 
(which has been my life the last few weeks) means a lot of thinking for me. 

Why have I had so much free time? Well, blame my three week long break from running.... okay, well I ran a couple of days and swam some, 
but it's STILL a break! 

And school is winding down, and I simply just don't have that much to do! Which is nice. But time has kind of drug on these last few weeks. The sun is shining, it's a million degrees outside, and all I want to do is play in the park. Not worry about responsibility. Not stress about finals. 
Not think about my future or my past or make big 
decisions or wonder how I'm going to get a job this summer or feel inadequate. 
None of that. 

I graduate a week from Friday, and I get to make the graduation speech. But after that, TVCC will be a mere memory. How bittersweet is that. I'm excited to move back home. Excited for this summer. And for next year. But it's all a little nerve wracking too! 

I got a summer running schedule from my new coach, and though I'm excited, it will be hard to move on from my current coach and my current team. 


The only picture we got our coach to take with us!

We had an end of the year dinner for Student Government the other night, and that was a completely wonderful mesh of sad and happy. I love all of those people. And it's crazy how fast the year has gone. It seems like just a month ago that I was trying to decided whether to run for president, 
and now the year is over! 

My Student Gov Team Rafting this summer!

Anyway, I am not exaggerating when I say how much has been going through my mind lately. And for some reason, that has made me less active on this blog. I promise I'll get my act together when summer comes. I have lots of things I want to say. Only a few more days. I seriously can't wait. 


No comments:

Post a Comment