Thursday, February 28, 2013

Big Things


Something big is happening in my life this weekend. 

In Western Oregon, on Friday, I'll  be gearing up to run my first outdoor track race of the year – a 10k. It will be run under the floodlights at Linfield College on Friday night (and hopefully there will be NO rain.) There is a lot of pressure on me to perform during this race - various coaches will be watching, I have a time to live up to, and let's be real... it's a 10k. It's a tough race. I am definitely nervous. I'm doing my best, however, to focus on the task at hand and to enjoy myself. To give it to Jesus. 

Like I said, this is a pretty big deal for me. And it should be. But it's way too easy  to get caught up in "my own little world" and think only about the things that are happening within it. 

Big things are happening all around the world right now. 


In Ohio, one of my best friends Christi Avery will be running the 60 meter dash at indoor nationals – she’s the epitome of a sprinter, I like to run 10ks. We make quite the pair :)


Across the ocean, my dad, my little sister, and about thirteen other wonderful people are going to be stepping onto Chinese soil
for a two week long missions trip.
(I’m unbelievably jealous… don’t get me started.)

In Seattle, Pastor Judah Smith’s new book Jesus Is ____ just came out. And Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez endorsed it. Check it out: 

In Iran, Pastor Saeed is still in prison for his faith.
You can read a little about him here

His words on joy in the midst of trial are reminiscent of
Paul’s letters in the New Testament.
http://ag.org/top/downloads/Abedini_Letter.pdf


Looking at all of these big things happening worldwide, I'm able to keep everything in perspective. My race this weekend is important. But there are so many important things happening. There are so many other amazing things to focus on and be excited about and pray about.

It feels like life just has crazy momentum right now!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment