Monday, March 5, 2012

Tackling the 10k

I didn't think I would have time to write this post today, or any time soon really. 
But the extremely loud dorms are cutting into my sleep,
 so I figured I might as well get some blogging done! 

This has been a pretty fantastic weekend. 
Friday, me and four of my teammates drove with my coach over to
 Portland for my first track meet of the season! 

The event: a 10k. 
I was scared out of my mind for this, because the longest distance 
I had ever run on a track before this was a mile. 
A 10k is 6.1 miles. 

But I can honestly say that I LOVED this race. We ran it Friday night under the spotlights at Linfield. 

One of the best parts was that my best friend from Portland came to watch me :) She wasn't racing until Saturday, but she came Friday night just to cheer me on for every one of the 25 laps!


It was freezing! But I had crazy runner's high, and it was so fun getting to chat with my
 best friend while cheering on the boys! 

Then after dinner (as you can imagine, we were starving) my team and I drove to Lincoln City where we got to stay in a beach hotel. Our doors literally opened up to the sand. It was pure bliss. 

We woke up early Saturday morning to run an easy 30 minutes on the beach and play in the waves. And we got to spend a few hours in Lincoln City before we hit the road home. 



These are my amazing teammates... my running partner Annie and my 10k boys :) 
We had a blast together and all got to know each other a lot better!

I also got to talk a lot with my coach, and I really feel like I understand him much better than before. 

So there it is! I love the 10k, and I cannot wait to run it again. But I'm excited we get to take it easy at practice this week. It takes a lot out of you! 

Tomorrow starts bright and early; another busy week of school... only three weeks until finals! 
So I better try and get some sleep. 

Goodnight world! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment