Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I Feel Good!

I just wanted to share how faithful God has been this week!
Last week, I was dealing a lot with stress.

I tend to be an achiever... I constantly have a to do list floating around in my head, and I love checking stuff off that list. I am actually more of an overachiever if the truth be told....

Which is not a bad thing. I mean, if I didn't put so much work into things, I wouldn't get the same results. It's an aspect of myself that I like.

The problem comes when I get really stressed. And when I put more effort during my day to getting things done than into people. And when I focus more on God's agenda than on mine.

Christine Cain tweeted this the other day, and it really struck me: "I often find that there is a direct correlation between the number of divine appointments that I have and my willingness to be interrupted".

Whoa.

So true.

So what did I do?
I prayed. I asked God to help me to get all the things I need to get done without worrying. And I recognized that He has placed me in these areas of responsibility and He will help me do what I need to do! And I asked Him to help me focus on his agenda throughout the day and not mine.

The result?
Everything seems to have come together this week. All the things I was stressed about getting done are working out, and I have felt really at peace!

And I have had so many great and fun conversations with people. I LOVE people. And I love talking to people. And I have just felt so much more at ease. Less rushed.

Monday night, my roommate Leish and I checked out the new self serve froyo place that opened up here: Kiwi Loco's!

That's right. Self serve froyo. I have to say, I'm warming up to this city. In the past couple of days I have discovered that this city has a sushi place too! And a co-op!

This has been the super hardest week of practice ever, so I'm exhausted, but feeling super accomplished!
Until next time lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment