Sunday, April 7, 2013

Linfield 5k Recap

My track team and I finally arrived back home at 2:30 a.m. last night (today?) after a long day of competition and an eight hour charter bus ride. 
Needless to say, we are all pretty exhausted. A good kind of exhausted, though. 



Other than the psychotic western oregon weather we faced (we warmed up under the sunshine one moment and experienced hurricane-like conditions the next), it was a pretty all around successful day of racing. Almost everyone on my team had a personal best - myself included. I ran the 5k, and I finished in 2nd after an intense last mile of battling with another girl for the win. She actually just drafted off of me for the first two miles, I just took the wind and went with it. I like to lead. 

Anyway, I was okay with my second place. Not happy, but okay. I raced, and I raced hard. And I set a personal record. So I should be happy. I'm a little confused, though. Because I could have run another 5k on pace after that one - I've done it before. If I can hold a certain pace for 6.2 miles, I should be able to go waaaayyyy faster than that for half the distance. I'll get there. But I'm... puzzled. 

I'm going to have to figure it out soon though! The season is halfway over!

Today I stumbled out of bed a little too late for church, so I put in my headphones and headed out on a run while listening to a message podcast. It was nice and easy - except for the tumbleweed that tried to attack me. 

Honestly, between the wind in Ontario and the rain in western oregon, I'm ready to pack up and move to Arizona or something. 

Sorry about all the running talk today. If you aren't into that stuff or didn't catch my lingo, I apologize. There is plenty of other stuff on my mind, but I'm not quite sure how to communicate it, yet. 

Be back atcha soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment